About the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation
For more than two decades, the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) Foundation has been educating and empowering the next generation of Hispanic business leaders and entrepreneurs. We do this through a variety of programs and scholarships that support business growth, encourage entrepreneurship, and influence our chambers to better serve their local communities. Each year, these programs equip thousands of entrepreneurs and business owners with the financial and technical resources, communications networks, and business acumen they need to succeed.
The mission of the USHCC Foundation is to enrich experiences of future leaders in the world of business through life-long learning and support. The Foundation’s initiatives awaken and nurture the entrepreneurial spirit, support business growth, strengthen local chambers and foster leaders.
Programs & Initiatives
- At the Table: Women in Business and Leadership – Is one of the key initiatives the USHCC Foundation built to support future business leaders and ignite the entrepreneurial spirit of communities across America. This initiative is comprised of two components: The Enterprise Accelerator and the Speaker Series. The Enterprise Accelerator program gives participants access to tailored business and leadership training and the opportunity to strategically grow their network. The Speaker Series allows us to highlight the incredible women entrepreneurs, corporate executives, politicians and other trailblazers that are leading the nation’s economic and social growth.
- BizVenture – Our BizVenture Collegiate Entrepreneurship Competition is the USHCC Foundation’s premier program to spur the entrepreneurial spirit in college students. During a three day pitch competition, BizVenture business coaches show participants how to create business plans, proposals, and pitches as well as provide mentorship to guide them along the way. The three winners receive a scholarship and will be honored at the annual USHCC Foundation Gala.
- Chamber Training Institute – A free two-day training hosted by the University of Notre Dame to build the capacity of all chambers, offering executive development, support and resources to strengthen and build local business communities. Over 820 local chamber leaders and 253 chambers have been trained through this program since 2010, including executives from the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, the U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Black Chambers.
- Local Chamber Grant Program – Our grant program provides $100,000 in funds each year directly to local chambers of commerce across the country for programs that strengthen and foster the growth of small business communities. Recipients report back both mid-year and annually with metrics on how many individuals and businesses have been scaled, trained, or certified as a result of the grant.
- National Day of Service - With the National Day of Service, the USHCC Foundation encourages its chamber leaders across the nation to go out to their communities and support local charities and organizations. In 2016, the following Chambers joined forces on December 5th, 2016 and together went out and served their local communities.
- USHCC Foundation Gala - The USHCC Foundation is dedicated to enriching the experiences of future leaders in the world of business through life-long learning and support. The funds raised by this gala support a myriad of programs and initiatives that awaken and nurture the entrepreneurial spirit, support business growth, bolster local chambers and foster leaders.
USHCC Foundation Scholarships
The USHCC Foundation issues over 65 scholarships per year, including more than $250,000 offered in collaboration with Wells Fargo and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. Generous scholarships are also available for chamber executives wishing to complete a Master's of Nonprofit Administration at the University of Notre Dame's Mendoza School of Business, as well as funding for college students in the fields of STEM and business administration. A number of scholarships are also offered by our Hispanic Business Enterprise partners.
- Notre Dame Mendoza School of Business Scholarship for Chamber Executives
- USHCC Foundation & Liberty Power Bright Horizons STEM Scholarships
- USHCC Foundation & Group O MBA Scholarship
- BizVentue Collegiate Entrepreneurship Competition
More details about each scholarship can be found on the Scholarships page.